To use our online platform, you will need:
1. a computer (p.c or laptop) with an average or above average processing speed. If you are using a very old computer you may need to upgrade or borrow a computer for effective online tuition. It is NOT possible to do the lessons on an iPad or tablet
2. a computer with a working webcam and microphone. Click to 'enable' the microphone and camera within the browser when you start the session
3. the most up-to-date version of Chrome or Firefox. If it is already on your computer, please ensure that you click 'update' before using the system. Older versions of Chrome may not support the full video conferencing functionality
4. a relatively fast and reliable internet connection - you can check the speed using this link: https://fast.com/en/gb/ You need at least 5 mbps
You can book an online tuition course with LLE here
The minimum number of hours for each booking is 5 hours. This will give you 10 lesson credits of 30 minutes. Once you have started your online tuition course, you can purchase more credits within our booking system.
- General English; £50 per hour
- Business English, English for Exams, Academic English: £60 per hour
Online Tuition Course Fees Include:
- Individual tuition (number of hours booked) designed to meet your needs
- Access to LLE’s online tuition platform
- Study materials provided by your teacher
- Progress report
- A free 15 minute session at the start of the course to test your connection and meet your teacher
- Support from Living Learning English staff
Living Learning English course managers will match you with a teacher who is qualified and experienced in delivering a course that meets your needs. Please provide as much information as possible on your booking form about your goals for the course so we can find the best teacher for you.
All online tuition is scheduled within our Student Portal. You can see the lessons you have booked on your calendar in your local time.
You must be prepared and ready to start the lesson 5 minutes before the scheduled time. If you need to reschedule a lesson in an emergency, then please give your teacher as much notice as possible:
- you must give 18 hours notice to reschedule the lesson
- If you do not notify your teacher as above, the lesson will be forfeited.
- If you do not log on to join the lesson within 15 minutes of the agreed start time, the lesson will be forfeited.